With guests and family visiting for the summer, it’s sometimes challenging to find things to do that everyone can enjoy, at all ages and skill levels.
You can always watch a movie at the Skyline Cinema in Dillon or the Eclipse Theatre in Breckenridge, but it’s usually more interesting to find active things to do together. Here are a few ideas that made our top ten list:
1. Bowling – Rent a whole lane or two at Elevation Bowl in Dillon and invite your friends and family to join. Grab dinner at the Mexican Restaurant in the building or eat at Lili’s Bistro beforehand for some delicious tacos!
2. Pickle Ball – This is still the rave among all my friends. They join pick-up games throughout the week and sometimes play in tournaments around Colorado. You can find grandparents playing with their grandchildren, and families hanging out for hours on the courts enjoying time together. Nets are usually available to set up at each tennis court throughout the county.
3. Golf/Frisbee Golf – There are several incredible golf courses in Summit County like Breckenridge Golf Course, Keystone Ranch, Keystone River, and Copper Mountain. You can buy a punch pass from Breck or a membership from other courses. After 4 PM, there are discounts in Breckenridge for those under 18. And try the Frisbee Golf Course at the Frisco Adventure Park.
4. Recreation Centers – The Breckenridge and Silverthorne Recreation Centers have everything! Swimming pools, basketball courts, weights, workout classes, climbing gym, racketball courts, and more! Truly a goldmine for activity.
5. Bike Rentals – Rent an e-bike and challenge your crew to bike from Breckenridge to the Lake Dillon Amphitheater and back. Grab lunch along the way in Frisco or Lake Dillon. Carvers in Breckenridge offers a great experience for rentals!
6. Hiking – There are infinite trails to explore! Some of my favorites include Sawmill Creek and Illinois Gulch in Breckenridge, South Willow Creek Falls and Lily Pad Lake in Wildernest, Mohawk Lakes and Blue Lakes in Blue River, and short scenic views from Sapphire Point and Windy Point off Swan Mountain Road.
7. Paddle Boarding – There are many places to slip in your SUP on Lake Dillon. Some of the best spots are across the high school at the water treatment center, Giberson Bay off Dillon Dam Rd, as well as from Summit Cove Bay. Don’t forget your life jacket!
8. Concerts, Plays and More – For a more low-key experience, look up local concerts at the River Center in Breckenridge, Lake Dillon Amphitheater, Silverthorne Performing Arts Center, and in August, attend BIFA, Breckenridge International Festival of the Arts.
9. Rent an ATV or Snowmobile – This experience is totally worth the investment for your family. Rent an ATV and head up from Montezuma up the trails to the “top of the world.” Rent a RZR or Snowmobile from Summit County Powersports Rentals for the newest equipment and awesome service!
10. Pontoon Boat Tour – Rent a Pontoon boat, bring snacks or dinner and wine and watch a glorious sunset show on Lake Dillon. You can also schedule a Historical Boat Tour through the Summit Historical Society to learn more about our area.
All of these activities should be great for children and parents alike! Let me know which ones you like best and if you have any other recommendations that we should add to this list! Enjoy!